Friday, July 18, 2008

Craigslist

Don't give up on Craigslist if you have had no luck! LOL. I have been trying since the beginning of the summer to get some outdoor toys for my son. Every time I would find a good deal I would contact them and of course it would be gone or there would be several people interested in the item and they would all start offering higher prices. No way was I going to spend a ridiculous amount of money on someone's used faded outdoor toys, but at the same time there was no way I could spend the amount of money they want in the stores for these suckers full price! What's a mom to do. I gave up on my search for awhile, I was just getting frustrated. Then one night I was sitting here thinking how nice it would be to find some outdoor toys for Jacob's 2nd Birthday (which is tomorrow) so I log onto Craigslist and I find a couple posts that are very reasonably priced, contacted them and expected to be told that they were taken. Just the opposite happened they told me they were still available AND I got an even better deal from them! The climber/slide and the tugboat sandbox/pool were sold by the same person asking $20/each. I was able to get both for $30!! Then the picnic table she was originally asking $30 and I was able to get it for $20! I am really shocked by these deals considering people are listing these tiny climbers for at least $65!

We picked them up last night and I got the picnic table today and omg my son LOVES them! He had so much fun last night he was out there in only a diaper going down the slide! Then I was filling the tugboat with water and in he went! Needless to say he slept well :-) Today I took some pics while we were outside of the items purchased. They are all in really good condition, of course they are used so there are scratches and marks and they are faded, but they work just the same!


1 comments:

Cherie said...

Sooo cute! Love the pic of Jacob in the tugboat. :) These were really great deals!