Thursday, July 24, 2008

CVS $5 off $30 Coupon in Your Email

Check your emails for CVS coupons. I hadn't received one in the longest time, but this morning I checked and had a $5 off $30 coupon in my inbox. It is only good for Saturday. Now normally I would be thrilled with this coupon and start planning my trip right away, however I can't for the life of me figure out how to use this coupon and not lose most of my ECBs! It's sad, I haven't been to CVS in weeks because the deals are just not there anymore. I wonder how much money CVS will lose when all of us stop shopping there because they don't have deals that make it worth it. Because I will tell you one thing there is no way that I would do my normal shopping there, it is just way too expensive! I was reading on someone's blog the other day (forgot who) that she had a coupon for a FREE coke zero up to a certain amount and so she purchased one at CVS and it was more than the free coupon allowed! Now what does that tell you? Mark up city! She had to pay like 15 cents for it or something.

I did want to go and get the free photobooks last week, but with my son's party and all the planning/running around I had to do, I just wasn't able to make it. This week I plan to use the $2 skincare coupon and getting some FREE baby stuff.

So how many of you have cut back on CVS?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have definitely cut back my shopping at CVS. When the deals are good, I don't have a problem buying items at CVS even though they're not on sale. Now I just go to Walmart for the lower prices and because of their price matching policy. When the CVS deals and ECBs stink, I head in the opposite direction to Walmart or Rite Aid.

Karen

Z said...

That is SO true! I had a coupon for 10 free prints printed on my receipt, so I went ahead and made 10 prints...
To my surprise I was charged $2.90 for the prints (10 x $.29), and the coupon said "UP to $2.50", so I ended up paying $.40+tax for the prints that were supposed to be free! If they *know* that their prints are $.29 each, and they issue a coupon for FREE prints, why not have it for the full amount???
That being said, I've gotten a lot of stuff free or very cheap at CVS, so I can't really complain. I will still shop there for as long as they have ECBs. We don't have Walgreens nearby, so RiteAid would be the only alternative, and our RiteAid seems to *always* be out of stock of items I intend to buy...