Thursday, September 18, 2008

How Many Papers Do You Get?

I'm curious how many newspapers do you all get per week and where/how do you get them? I started out just getting a paper from CVS on Sundays, now I get a home delivery (got a really good deal $0.65/week for a 3-day delivery!) and I'll sometimes go out and get another paper if I know there are really good coupons in them.

I hear about people going to recycling centers and jumping into the actual dumpsters to look for inserts! Others ask their neighbors, friends, family members for their extra inserts. I don't really know anyone that gets a paper and doesn't use the inserts, so I can't go that route and I certainly would not want to jump in a dumpster. However, last night I was driving home from Walgreens and noticed all these paper bags with newspapers in them by the curb. It was trash night and everyone had their recycling out, so I thought hey what the hell worth a shot. So I picked up two paper bags with newspapers in them and brought them home. I get home and look through and out of the two bags I picked up BOTH of them still had all the inserts! I was so excited! No more paying for extra newspapers just to get some extra coupons! I don't know why I hadn't thought of this before! I guess it really is true what they say one man's trash is another man's treasure. It's just unfathomable to me how someone can throw away all these coupons! It's like throwing money in the trash!

3 comments:

MoneySavinDiva said...

Congrats on the great find!! I just posted today about my great new way of accumulating coupons! Check it out!! www.moneysavindiva.blogspot.com

Have a great day!

beccaboo6132 said...

i usually buy 2 or 3, and the most I've gotten was 5. A friend of mine goes to the local stores on monday mornings and asks for the inserts, and has her mom save them for her out of the ones that don't sell at her store in another town. She also has a friend at WalMart who works at the service desk and she takes the inserts before they get sent off for recycling and saves them for her. She's pretty lucky. I got into the couponing game late so all of the stores who will save them are already reserving leftovers for other people. But I don't mind picking up a few extra if there are REALLY good coupons that make it worth buying one, plus any that I don't need several of, I give to my mom or trade with my friends or save for Coupon Trains. =)
But how lucky were you to find TWO BAGS of papers with inserts!!! Hopefully this can be your weekly ritual and you can save a little more money by not having to buy any extra papers! =)

Mommy Managing said...

My region does not get some of the really great coupons. I might start trying Coupons Clippers or something. Stupid Mississippi...