Thursday, November 6, 2008

No, I'LLLLL Do It!

This is my 2 year old son's favorite phrase right now. Everything is no I'LLLLLLL do it mommy with the emphasis on I'll. lol. He's too funny. So here is my big helper helping me puree the pumpkins! In my previous post I was telling you that today we'd be using our pumpkins to their full potential. We gutted them out, put all the seeds aside and baked them until they were nice and soft...seemed to take the whole day! After they were cooked, we peeled the skin off the pumpkin, cut it into chunks and threw it in the blender. I really need a food processor, I am sure this all would have gone a lot smoother with one! lol.



And here is what we did with the seeds! They are sooooo yummy and I am not really into seeds of any kind, sunflower, pumpkin, etc. Here is what I did for these:

Took 4 tablespoons melted butter added 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and salt. Mixed it all together then poured it over all the seeds that were laid out on a pan. Mixed it all together and baked at 350 until browned. Keep mixing throughout the baking. I also added a touch more salt and garlic powder to taste right before they were done. Everyone here loves them!








0 comments: