Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just a Friendly Note to my Shaws Shoppers

I just wanted to let you all know how happy I am that I can help you out as much as I can with scenarios and info on this great promo. It's great that we can all stock up on these fantastic deals! I just wanted to mention one more time that if your cats do not print for some reason and you are CERTAIN that you did in fact purchase the correct items and your totals were correct, please do not go to CS and complain about not getting your cats at pre-sale price. We don't want to lose these deals and the more it is brought to their attention the higher the chances are that they correct the system! If you do want your cats just go to CS and tell them I must have added incorrectly because I didn't get my coupons. Then they will have you add items to your purchase to produce your cats. I wanted to say this because for the first time I shopped at my local shaws last night and there are signs (hand made) EVERYWHERE on every item that is included in the deal stating "You must purchase $30 in items on the back page in order to get your $15 back". Obviously they must have had quite some complaints. So I just wanted to throw that out there, CS has no clue that these are based on pre-sale so when you tell them that they are going to think you are crazy and deny it all the way and you will get no where. Just chalk it up to some very cheap groceries and try again or just add some items to your order to bring it up to $30 after sale and get your coupons.

Believe me I get just as mad when these don't pan out and it's all I can do to not complain, but we have to look at it as a blessing we are able to get what we have. I just come home and complain to Hubby about it! HAHA! Thank you again to all my readers and I will be back later today with some more scenarios that I am going to be trying out in a few!! Paper towels, toilet paper and more diapers! Have a great day!

10 comments:

Heidi said...

Ronell,
Thanks for the reminder. I can relate to how frustrating it is to spend a lot of time gathering Qs and planning scenarios... only to have no cats print out! (It happened to me, twice!)

I think your suggestion to visit CS and just tell them you think you made a mistake (maybe added wrong or purchased the wrong item) is a good one. The 2nd time my cats didn't print, I simply told them I was confused and didn't know what I'd done wrong. They looked at the bottom of my receipt where it lists "Today's Total Savings" and of course, it was over $30. When they saw that, they got the store manager involved and he gladly gave me a $15 gift card (which was better than cats, imho). My point is, be polite, ask for help, and just tell them you're confused. You might get lucky.

Thanks again to you, Ronell, for all of your help with scenarios and coupon links! I wouldn't be sitting on this Cheerio mountain without you! :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for saying all that! i will try again. i guess i will just make it "not pre sale" to myself & get $30 & see what happens.

Anonymous said...

I've just found this blog and I'm confused about what all of these letters stand for...like 'cats' and OOP.....CS?

Anonymous said...

CATS- Catalinas. (coupons that print out at the register.)
OOP- Out of Pocket (meaning the money you spend.)
CS- Customer Service.

Hope that helps! :)

Ronell said...

Thanks Eden!

Heidi I totally agree!

And welcome Anonymous!

Cent With Love said...

I couldn't agree with you more! I'm thankful for these deals. Even though I didn't get 2 sets of $15 cats for the 2 $60 deals I did (only got $15 per $60), but that's okay. I can't complain when I'm walking out with a 10 boxes of cereal plus a bunch of other stuff for $7 plus got back the $15 cats I used.

I like your idea of going to CS. My experiences with CS have been waiting in line forever! So, in the end, it ends up not being worth my time to go and see if we can try and figure out why the cats didn't print. In my experience, more often than not, it's because I purchased the wrong size or variety.

I just want these deals to keep coming, and if people make them too much of a hassle for the workers, I'm sure they won't be around for long.

Unknown said...

Nice write up! I'm too chicken to go to CS even when I did everything right. I just feel scandalous! I'm "out" $30 in cats from Shaw's error and $15 because of my own stupidity. Oh well. Still a great deal!

Ronell said...

Ya exactly Becky! Don't you hate it when it is your own dumb error! Like me with the paper towels yesterday I was so mad! LOL. I wanted to go back out today too, but it is yucky out so not sure. How's it up there?

Unknown said...

Yeah - like when I got $59.57 pre-sale. I was so mad at myself. Oh well. I think the Fusion might not be part of it either. I can't think of what else I purchased on my last trip that wasn't part of others' deals.

Weather is gross here but I have a RedBox movie to return to Shaw's (my excuse to keep going back). We're on the shore and got mostly rain.

Anonymous said...

Just for anyone of you have had the problems with the catalinas not printing out...

I went with my receipt to the CS to see what they could do about it. They basically just told me that I used too many coupons so the total was under $30, therefore they didn't print out. I wouldn't say they were very nice about it either. ;)

And don't worry! I didn't mention anything about the presale thing! :)

Well I am sorry I didn't get more free groceries this time around, but I am thankful for what I did get.